While its debatable for many that marijuana (also commonly referred to as weed, pot) is addictive, this simple 10 question marijuana addiction test can help you decide if your marijuana use is out of control or if you are becoming dependent on using marijuana.
To get started, answer the marijuana addiction test questions below:
- 1. Do you smoke (or otherwise consume) marijuana more than once a day?
2. Do you use marijuana before school, work, or social functions?
3. Do you use marijuana as soon as you wake up in the morning?
4. Do you need marijuana to fall asleep at night?
5. Do you often neglect other responsibilities to make smoking marijuana a priority or plan your day’s activities around smoking marijuana?
6. Does it seem like smoking pot isn’t fun anymore or that you need to smoke twice as much to get the same effects?
7. Do you have problems with motivation, memory, concentrating or feel that your life is out of control?
8. Have friends and family members expressed concern?
9. Do you feel anxious, have problems sleeping, or feel moody if you do not smoke marijuana?
10. Do you use marijuana as a means to escape or deal with stress and other problems?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions, it is quite possible that you may be experiencing marijuana dependency or addiction. While this marijuana addiction test is not conclusive, answering yes to these questions can signal a problem with marijuana. Fortunately, marijuana does not have severe withdrawal symptoms and it can be easy to get your life back on track again.